Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why blog?

Hello world!

Quite a while ago, I decided to start a weblog of my own. My tendency to procrastinate pushed the idea somewhere back to the remote recesses of my brain, but could not get rid of it completely. And so, dear reader, you find me blogging away, for better or worse.

Why did I decide to start blogging? Whilst there are many blogs around whose purpose is art for art's sake, some that are travelogues, and some that are of an autobiographical nature, my blog is meant to be an online repository of my ideas and my views on several topics; I believe that the effective exchange of ideas is a prerequisite to the growth of the individual as well as the society as a whole. In recent times, blogs have come up as a great informal portal for the exchange of ideas. This informal nature  is both a blessing and a curse; while it encourages reticent people to open up, the ease of electronic data transfer does little to discourage sloppiness in ideas, adding to the petabytes of junk already there on the Internet.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment